American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just a Firestarting Tip

I don't remember whether or not I've posted this before so please forgive me if I have.

When looking for firestarting materials, don't overlook a fantastic source of tinder that you'll find in nearly every home.

When you get a delivery pizza, it comes on a grease-soaked piece of cardboard. That grease is much like the Vaseline you put into a cotton ball to help it burn longer and in less than ideal conditions.

I cut every piece of pizza cardboard into strips and shove those into my charcoal chimney for starting the grill. I have used them with great success in the woods too.

Think of it as recycling...

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger J. J. Magnum said...

Also don't forget dryer lint...

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's the kind of stuff we need more of in this blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home