American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Early Hike

I was out to meet the morning this morning and was in the woods as the sun first came up over the horizon.

There is still plenty of snow on the trails from our 13" storm the other day but the folks at the village were kind enough to drive their trucks or 4-wheelers back there to compress two tracks the entire length of the path I took.

I wanted to get out there because this is the time of day when the animals are moving from one place to another. The nocturnal animals are heading to bed and the diurnal ones are just waking up.

It was chilly out there at 10° (F) but it was dry and the wind wasn't too bad so I stayed nice and warm.

Now I'm sitting here typing and having a cup of coffee knowing that it's still before 8:00 on a cold Sunday morning and I've already been out there in the woods soaking up all of that early morning magic.

It's going to be a good day...

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home