American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, February 11, 2010

MCSWood Khukuri

This is a big blade.

I found Michael's stuff on eBay a while back and then he started posting on Bladeforums as MCSWood and I continued to watch his posts to see what he would come up with next. Every blade has that retro-futuristic feel and look. They're all very "Road Warrior" in my opinion.

This one's no different.

I tried to win a few on eBay but never tasted success until he posted a knife just like this one on Bladeforums and I sent him a note with a few questions as I ran out the door for a meeting. By the time I got home it was gone. I think he felt sorry for me and agreed to make another. Score!

Anyway, here's what you've been asking for.

Specs:
1/4" thick 1095
14" blade length
19.5" OAL
Integral D-guard
Welded bolsters
Hardwood scales
Weighs more than my cooking scale can handle (35+ oz.)
Comes with a heavy duty riveted and stitched leather sheath with leg strap

He's got a gallery of pictures online with some of his past work here:

Gallery of Knife Photos

It came wicked sharp. I'll try to get it out for a bit of work this weekend. It is heavy forward so it should chop like mad. The forward section should be useful for up close work too with the flatter section behind the tip.

I'll know more once I've had a chance to use it.

Look for more pics soon.

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Perkunas said...

plain awesome.


can i have it please :)
it would fit my flatblack car just fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home