American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, November 29, 2007

New Sharpening System/Device

The boys at JRE Industries are at it again. You may have seen their strop bat, a four-sided strop loaded with compounds to complete the sharpening/honing process. I believe I've written about them in the past.

Well they've raised the bar a whole mess of notches for those of us who use the convex edge.

I'm not really at liberty just yet to discuss what it is but it's going to put a sharpening/stropping system in your hands that'll take a dull edge all the way to scary hair-popping. Even better is the fact that you'll be able to toss it in your pack or affix it to the outside of your pack to take into the field to clean up your edges while you're away from home. Plus, being a custom piece, it'll be available in an array of sizes to suit your personal needs/uses.

Let's see, it's portable, scaleable, highly effective, easy to use, and constructed of top-notch materials and should be priced so that you'll still have something left in your wallet at the end of the day. Sound good?

I clearly thought so. That's why I'm letting the cat out of the proverbial bag just a little early.

Once I get down to the shop I'll shoot a couple of pictures and get those up for you to see. I can assure you it's not something you've seen before and, as soon as one rolls out of the shop, it'll be in my hot little hands.

Thanks for reading,


B

4 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Pablo said...

This certainly does sound promising!
Pablo.

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Panday said...

Bushman,

Any idea how much this soon to be released product might cost?

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

I don't. I think they've got to make a few to determine the cost on materials and labor and then figure in their margin.

I think the strop bats are $30-40 and the new sharpener should come in somewhere under that. Don't quote me on that though as I really have no idea and am purely speculating based on size.

If I can get them on the phone for a bit maybe I can get a better idea for you.

Thanks for the comments guys,


B

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Jay said...

So any more info on this, B? I am looking toward convexing now, especially since it's summertime...no classes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home