American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Back in Action

We're finally home.

That was a great three days of bird hunting. We came home with 20 pheasant, 15 or so quail, and a half dozen chukar in the cooler.

Every shooter hit at least one pair of clays with a single shot on the sporting clays course and John, my brother in law, did it THREE TIMES!!!

The temperatures were in the 40s on the first day and the upper 30s with rain and sleet the second day (today.) Both days my Swanndri Ranger did a great job of keeping me warm and dry and I actually peeled it off for a short while yesterday as the walking was getting me pretty warm.

My Remington 870 worked flawlessly (again) with no maintenance and no cleaning the entire weekend. I'll give it a good scrubbing tomorrow as a reward.

I came home with a strong hankering for a German Short Hair Pointer. I want a pup to train myself for birding.

I met some really great folks from all around the Midwest including Mac and Roger from Kentucky and Tennessee respectively, Chris and his wife also from Kentucky, and the boys from Indianapolis who we met last year at this time.

I want to give a great big Thank You to the Harpoles for their hospitality, their food, and their friendship. Without them none of this would have happened.

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much fun is that! I love bird hunting.

A frind of mine was huntin ibex in Kazakhstan this fall. He got one early and then went out for native chukars using a borrowed gun- it was an 870! He used it with VERY poor local shells and had a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home