American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Today's the Day

I'm headed out of here in a few hours for my very first deer hunt.

I shot a nice tight group at 100 yards with iron sights on my muzzleloader, I've walked the property several times, and I'm packed and ready to roll.

I hope to report back with good news.

I have tags for two and, if I get them, plan on doing some tutorials on braintanning, making tools from bones, how to process sinew, and possibly even basic butchery of larger game.

See you Sunday.

Thanks for reading,


B

3 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck. I hope you have a good story to tell when you get back.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger sam said...

This calls for celebration! Good luck

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Thanks guys.

There's been a slight change of plans as my son got sick this morning and came home from school.

Now I'm not feeling terribly well but I've got a few hours to kill to avoid rush hour traffic before I've got to go again.

As long as I'm in the field at 6:13 tomorrow morning I'll have missed nothing.

Thanks for your comments,

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home