American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Did you ever get that feeling?

I'm starting to think that it's just not in the cards that I get to shoot my muzzleloader at a deer.

This is the third year in a row that I've attempted to go hunting and something has come up, someone has gotten sick, or some other seemingly insurmountable obstacle presents itself.

This year I've done the legwork, gotten my tags, sighted in my rifle, packed and repacked my cold weather clothing and gear, and practiced my shots, worked on my calls, and generally mentally prepared myself to honor my prey by using every part of it. Still the hurdles pop up in front of me...

It's looking grim for a second season success. My hunting partners are faced with scheduling conflicts, my babysitters can't cover the whole day Thursday and Friday, and I've just been informed by my host that he will be absent as well.

While I'm not yet prepared to throw in the towel on this hunt I am getting close. I'm very discouraged.

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home