American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Friday, November 02, 2007

He looked, longingly, into the woods

I'm unloading the dishwasher this morning while listening to "The Last of the Mohicans" soundtrack and staring off into the woods through the window.

If you haven't heard this soundtrack you should give it a listen. I find myself fantasizing about running through the woods after some quarry which is decidedly different than unloading a dishwasher.

I need to get outdoors. There's so much to do here but the woods are calling my name every time I set foot near the back of the house.

Tonight I think I will sleep outdoors.

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger sithlord_1968 said...

One of my favorite sountracks. I live about 1.5 hours from Ashville, NC where it was filmed. These are the woods I grew up in and try to spend time in whenever I can. Last of the Mohicans transports me there every time I hear it.

My favorite seen in the movie is when they are laying low at night. Daniel Day Lewis refers to the night sky and you can see the arm of the Milky Way Galaxy stretch horizon to horizon. Just like it looks at night when I camp in the NC mountains. Very Cool!

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Pablo said...

I love film scores and this one is particularly evocative. Try some Hans Zimmer stuff as well (of Gladiator fame).
Pablo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home