American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

BIG Khukri

They say a picture paints 1000 words right?

I think this one sort of captures the sentiment.

What I'm looking at is a khukri by knifemaker Michael Stevenson who goes by MCSWood on Bladeforums.

I got this blade to open envelopes, trim my fingernails, and dig out splinters. You know, the usual EDC type jobs...

It's big. It'd lop the head of a zombie clean off with a single swipe. It's SHARP.

I'll get an in-depth review up in the next couple of days as my schedule allows.

The blade has a very retro-future feel to it.

Did you know that I had such a clown-streak in me? :)

Thanks for reading,


B

4 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger ajelliottjr said...

Nice Photo, but tell me a little more or do you have a link to the knifemaker's site. How do you sharpen your knife, or with what? Andy

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Andy,

I'm working up the specs this morning. I had literally JUST taken the blade out of the box when I snapped that picture with the camera on my laptop.

The knifemaker doesn't have a site per se but he has an online gallery. Let me see if I can dig up the link.

Sharpening I'll address once I need to put an edge on this one.

Thanks,

B

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Pablo said...

Ha ha ha! More clown-posts would lighten up my week to be sure! Nice one B

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Zack @SurvivalCache said...

Awesome looking knife, forget a machete let me get one of those bad boys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home