American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Need Your Help (American Bushman Logo)


I need some artwork--specifically a logo.

I'm a creative guy and I can draw but I'm also too hard on myself when it comes to my art and so nothing is ever good enough until I've tweaked it too much. In the case of logo artwork, I'm always trying to put too much in and then it doesn't look good. I try to use too much symbolism and that doesn't look good or doesn't make sense without an explanation. I've been trying to come up with something for three years...

The best one I've seen so far was done by Laura. She drew a bush, gave it a head, arms, and legs and told me that he was a BUSH-man. LOL!

Here's where you come in.

I want one (or more) of you with an artistic bent to help me come up with the artwork I can use on the blog and maybe a knife down the road. (Yes, I'm working on a design with a maker but we're taking our time and doing it right.)

If you want to play please click the link below and send me some art or an idea (or both.)

EMAIL ME

Here's where I answer the question, "What's in it for me?"

If I use your idea or artwork, I'm going to send you your choice of:


  1. My user Fallkniven F1, my favorite knife, which has been featured on this blog dozens of times and has been on my side or in my hand for a majority of my adventures.

  2. A brand new Laminated VG-10 Fallkniven F1 with Zytel sheath.




Anybody want to play?

Thanks for reading,


B

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Perkunas said...

During weekend,ill draw my suggestion(s).

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger William Mayes said...

How about using a picture of Bigfoot?
I've got two or three drawings you might find interesting

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger J-Daddy said...

Hi there!

Love your blog; I'm constantly following your adventures from the relative safety of my Seattle office.

I'm a designer by trade, and I work for a large website (rhymes with Amazon). I'd be honored to assist you with your logo ideas.

In my experience, I've found that a logo is best created from conversation, especially about the essentials you are trying to convey with the logo.

Would you be willing to chat about it a bit? I could send you some sketches right now, but I'd prefer to talk it over with you prior to really digging in.

Email is fine, but we can talk on the phone, if you prefer.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Jonathan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home