American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Charlie Edmondson Knife

I snagged a new knife yesterday on Bladeforums from maker Charlie Edmondson. I hope he doesn't mind me using his picture but I don't have the knife in-hand yet and I'm too excited not to post about it.

It's a big chopper hand forged from 1095 and the handle is Bocote.

What really spoke to me was the handle shape. It's different from what I normally use and that big swell at the butt end may be what I'm looking for with the new tingly fingers in my dominant hand. The only way to know for sure is to give it a try.

It didn't come with a sheath so I'm already working with Spen on a design that'll complement this awesome blade.

I suspect you'll see lots more of it going forward and I'll get you the full specs on it as soon as I have it in hand.

Thanks for reading,


B


UPDATE 1/13/2010:
I got the knife today. Holy Moly! Holy Moly!! Holy Moly!!! New pictures and a review coming soon...

2 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger Tim Noble said...

Nice knife. Like the scale left on some of the blade like that.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Just like we talked about. I'm a sucker for a rustic looking piece that performs.

I can't wait to see what you can do with the Bushcrafter...

Thanks for your comment,


B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home