American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Monday, August 17, 2009

One Handed

How much of your gear can you really use one-handed?

Sarah has been demanding lots of carrying lately and so I've been working on lots of things one-handed--including typing this entry.

I had to open my Otterbox PSK this weekend and simply could not get it done. I undid the first latch but the angles on the other one were all wrong. I tried right handed, I tried left-handed, and I even tried to use my body for additional leverage. No dice.



Now, lots of components inside the kit can be used one-handed but they're of little use to me if I can't get to them. Worst case scenario I could smash the box with a rock I suppose.

Food for thought...


B

8 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey AB - what size Otterbox do you use?

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

It's the 2000.

Two latches.

B

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks bro - would have searched your blog, but I'm on my cell and happened to be looking at waterproof cases when I saw your post come through via RSS.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Give me a minute and I'll throw out some pictures.

They'll be in this post.

B

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you kindly sir! I'll have to look at your blog later to see if you detail the components somewhere. I'm a bit nervous the 2000 will be too small, and unfortunately, I can't find one to look at in person.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Send me your address. If you don't mind one uglied up by a painting "pro" I have one I'll send you. :)

B

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you sir! My address is in your email inbox.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Michael Sparks said...

Did you try flipping it over and opening it with one hand?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home