American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Stabbed! Twice!!

Well, I'm clearly doing something wrong this week. I've managed to stab myself TWICE in a matter of a few days.

First was in the stomach with a sharpened pry bar two days ago and today was with one of the 510s I've been sharpening.

The stomach stab was due to poor decision making as I tried to pull a ranger band off of the handle of a County Comm Pry Bar and I managed to snap it free only to jam the sharpened pry end into my stomach. Fortunately it didn't bite me too hard thanks to the layers I was wearing and some of the extra "insulation" I'm still carrying around.

Today I stuck the 510 in right between my thumb and index finger right into the webbing as I attempted to put the blade to a piece of worn 220-grit belt that I'm using to flatten the bevels. I stuck it right in, felt the pain, and then bled a bit before deciding that I should probably hang it up for the day. :)

So I'm going to take the kids out to the pool for dinner and swimming...

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home