American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Trail Running

Well, with the recent break in the weather the trails are clear of snow but covered in mud--slick, slimy mud.

Today I'm going to try trail running to see if it's more my speed than hitting the treadmill or elliptical machine at the gym.

Plus, when I look silly during the first days of my walk/run phase, the only eyes to see will belong to the creatures of the woods (I hope.)

Wish me luck,


B

2 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your going to like trail running. I have done that for years. I like to give my self plenty of time and don't worry about it or distance. I love to take my latest bushcraft knife and fire starting kit so if I get the notion, I can do a little bushcraft play. For me, it makes it fun and more often than not I get more exercise than if I had set the tread mill to run me for 30min. While I'm in the woods I also do a few pushups,crunches and streaching. Being in the woods is a calming thing for me to so I kind of consider that my own form of Yoga. Good luck!
Walt

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

It was really great and really, really muddy.

It's been warm enough to melt off all the snow and now it's raining and cold so the trails have turned to mush.

I like the idea of taking some kit with me and will do that next time.

Thanks for your comment,


B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home