American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Monday, February 09, 2009

Skookum Bush Tool

I picked up a Skookum Bush Tool from the shelf at JRE Industries last week and have been playing with it since I got home.

I contacted Rod Garcia, the maker, and asked him to describe this particular model for me and he informed me that it's probably A2 and is a test model which was designated as a sheath sample and not representative of the final finished product.

He offers the SBT Mark I in O1, A2, and 3V so all the blades can take a patina with use. I hope Dan and Spen aren't too upset with stains on the blade when they get it back.

The knives are Scandi Ground and sharpen up easily and nicely. This test model will shave hair readily.

I look forward to doing a more in-depth review over the next several days/weeks (depends on how long the JRE boys let me hang on to it.)

Thanks for reading,


B

4 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT looks to be one fine blade. How many does he produce a month I wonder?

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger J R said...

You could trade them for a GB Small Forest Axe ;-)

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe he's offering the Skookum in stainless S30V also, but you have to ask for it.

/ Karl

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Mungo said...

Hey - so what was your impression of the Skookum Bush Tool?
Sorry to hear you're sick...
Cheers,
Mungo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home