American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Friday, January 23, 2009

Help Me Out Here

Dan, Spen, MBHanzo, and the rest of you:

I need something.

I have a leather key clip from JRE Industries that I wear on my belt to carry some of my many keys. It's just long enough that I can drop the keyring into my pocket and the keys don't rattle around while I'm moving from one place to another but they're also easily accessible and secure.

I need something similar with the ability to carry multiple keyrings/split rings. I have a set of keys for the swim club, I have a set of keys for the house, I have a set of keys for my gun locks, I have a set of keys for the car, and I have a set of keys for various padlocks. I also, on occasion, like to carry a firesteel, striker, and whistle on a split ring. I may need any or all of these keys on a regular basis so leaving them at home would be a bad idea.

I don't think I want to carry them all at the same time but I'd like to be able to quickly and easily swap one keyring for another as my schedule dictated.

How do you manage your keys? Have you seen a product that'll accommodate multiple keyrings that isn't too bulky for regular use?

Maybe our creative leather and plastic benders can come up with something that'll work.

Thanks for reading,


B

5 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but maybe something along these lines could be incorporated into your solution: http://www.amazon.com/Kikkerland-Keyring-with-Removable-Rings/dp/B000KPUETW

/ Karl

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Amazon Keyring

Definitely. That's on the right track for sure.

Great find!

Thanks,


B

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I had the same idea. Bison Designs makes one, and I first saw it on Doug Ritters "Equipped To Survive" website. I like it, and saw one at REI and picked it up. Have been using one for quite a while.

You could have 50 rings if you wanted, and only use 5 at a time.

Brian

http://www.bisondesigns.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BD&Product_Code=12C&Category_Code=Key_Acc_Subcategory

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just a note as an ex GM mechanic.. Watch out for too many key's on a keychain,the weight will wear out the tumbler's in the ignition switch

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey B, take a look at these. Might be just what you are looking for. I use them and love them.

Matt

http://www.edcknives.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=10_86

 

Post a Comment

<< Home