American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A Tip from Cody Lundin

I'm re-reading Cody's book 98.6 Degrees and found this tip that I must've missed the last time:

Pack some Alka-Seltzer in your pack when headed out.

Once you've purified your water just drop one in and it'll provide you with trace amounts of Sodium and essential carbonation that'll push the fluids through the pyloric sphincter (the muscle at the bottom of your stomach) and toward your large intestine where it will do the most good.

He suggests the generic variety "without added Aspirin." I see the original Alka-Seltzer contains 325 mg of Aspirin so I'll have to keep looking for an Aspirin-free version.

I'm going to see if this is a fast cure for a dehydration headache the next time I get too busy to take regular drinks of water.

I'll be looking into this subject further over the next few days...

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home