American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

High Traffic Area

Every night now I see and hear several deer moving through the neighborhood and between our house and the neighbors' house.

We see the does about a quarter-mile from here but the young bucks seem to like spending time right behind the house.

Last night it was a big male that went blowing through here as I sat on the screened porch. I didn't get to see how big his rack was as it was dark and Jake flipped on the light just as I was moving to the screen but he must have had 100 pounds on the youngsters I saw playing out back recently.

He's too far from Ryerson Woods to be the same monster I photographed a year ago so that means another beast roams the woods up here.

I think I might try and set up a game camera out back just to see if I can get a picture of him...

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger sam said...

Are you allowed to go hunting in your own garden?

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

LOL! No. We're too close to the neighbors and the village has outlawed the discharge of any firearm from a bb gun up to a cannon.

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home