American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Monday, September 08, 2008

Getting Fit

Now that the kids are back in school I am finally able to do that which I have threatened for the past several years--get back into shape.

I've been hitting the gym every day since the kids went back and hitting it pretty hard.

This is the start of my third week and I've missed only one day. I'm already down a notch on my belt even though my weight has remained the same (re-distribution of mass from flab to muscle I hope.)

I notice a massive increase in my energy during the day and I don't know if that's because my fitness is improving or because I cannot stay awake past 10pm any more or both.

I think about how the hours in the gym will improve my overall health, increase my life expectancy, and make life in general just a little bit easier and it keeps me motivated and focused.

This all has a very practical application for my time in the woods. Additional fitness and strength will allow me to handle day to day chores in the woods faster and easier than before. It should also help me to prevent some injuries by strengthing the core and connective tissues.

All in all it's a change for the better.

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger J R said...

Hey man,

Round IS a shape!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

LOL! Indeed it is.

When I said I wanted to be around for a while I didn't mean a round.

:)

Thanks for your comment,


B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home