American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Victorinox LumberJack

I made a trip down to JRE Industries today after seeing the very limited edition red alox Victorinox Lumberjack on their site.

Each blade is individually numbered and bears the name of the guy responsible for convincing Victorinox to bring back this model, SwissBianco.

The knife is slightly smaller than the Farmer which I carry every day and it is also a layer thinner. This makes a very lightweight package that would fit well into a PSK or even a daily carry blade. It's got the large blade, a saw, and the multi-lifter tool (the new style cap lifter.)

I was hoping to hand-pick a winner but these, being assembled in Switzerland, are all fantastic. The first one I picked up was every bit as good as the next three or four so I took the first one I laid hands on.

I think this one is going to see plenty of pocket time going forward.

Thanks for reading,


B

3 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Nice!!! I keep thinking abut an Alox Farmer, but I'd miss the scissors on my Super Tinker.

Joe in Iowa

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Here is an Alox Pioneer with scissors and HAIII coating.

They had a Farmer for a while with scissors but they seem to be all sold out.

I really like scissors on my SAK but I do carry the SwissTool every day so have scissors readily available.

Thanks for your comment,

B

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Perkunas said...

Ive made a few like that too,i just took the combo-opener/flathead from the Bnatam model,drilled the pinhole to proper diameter and tahts about it. I dont like the vic´s way to add that layer with separate can / bottle openers with those flatheads, since they could easily put that combo tool along with shortened phillips screwdriver into one layer and that would make the layer more functional now when theres more phillips screws than flatheads.

But its awesome just like that,with the ever useful saw,single balde and that combo,sleek and stylish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home