American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Got a Knife

Yep, I got another knife in the mail (two actually) and, while I need to get pictures and specs on them still, just wanted to let you know that these blades have blown me away with the level of fit and finish and the overall design.

Before I say too much about the maker though I need to get back on his order book for another knife or two. :)

I made the mistake in the past of talking about a maker before I managed to get my hands on a piece (remember Craig Barr's tomahawk heads?) and then found it quite difficult to "feed the need" for a while.

We're pretty crazed for the rest of the day so chances to get these things photographed and weighed will be slim at best. Expect to see more from here tomorrow.

Thanks for reading,


B

4 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hhmmmm... i wonder what it could be brian...

i have a cool necker enroute from todd rexford... hopefully it'll be here by sat.. www.rexfordknives.com and i also have a NBS knife on order from abe, (of diving sparrow knife works) i should have it in a month or 2...

looking forward to seeing your new blades...

mtnfolk mike t

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knife posts are always popular, and of course now you have my curiosity level up...

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Yeah, sorry for all the mystery guys.

I hope to get out for a bit today to snap some pictures and put these knives through their paces.

The maker has some inventory to post on his website but he's gone camping all weekend so I'm going to wait on the update until he's back and can offer you some instant gratification if you like. :)

The weather here is nasty still but I'm doing my best to convince the kids that today is the best day to get into the woods because any day in the woods is better than the alternative. We'll see how it goes. ;)

Thanks for your comments,


B

 
At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nasty weather is a great time to be in the woods - it makes for interesting times as well as good for testing your gear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home