American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Spoon carving elements by Bertie Sømme

I'm in the mood again to carve some spoons. I've been watching Peter Gawleta in his Basic Bushcraft and Survival DVD Volume 3 and just found these videos (7 parts) on YouTube today:

Spoon carving elements by Bertie Sømme



Part 2:



Part 3:



Part 4:



Part 5:



Part 6:



Part 7:



Bertie's style is quite different from Peter's (and mine) but there is an awful lot of good information in these videos from what I've seen so far. There are, of course, many other spoon carving videos on YouTube and tutorials all over the Internet. My spoons have remained somewhat rustic and I like to make them with my hatchet and crooked knife but I do understand the artistic side of spoon carving too. I'm just not very good at it yet.

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home