American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

American Bushman Sheathworks

Since I'm in a comic vein I thought I'd show you what happens when I need a sheath in a hurry.

I've grown so reliant on leather from JRE Industries and Concealex from Survival Sheath Systems that I whip up a monstrosity like the one pictured when given an opportunity to make my own.

That's right, the Bush Tool needed something to cover the edge and I decided to go ahead and rig it up so I can strap it to the side of my pack. What you're seeing is the cardboard sleeve the machete came in wrapped in several layers of gaffer's tape. I chose green because it'll be easier to camo paint if I decide to "decorate" it. I've also got a "belt loop" made of some thin cordage and a "pouch" on the front for a Doan Magnesium Firestarting Tool.

It's sure not pretty but it gets the job done until I can get down to see Dan and Spen for a more elegant solution.

I just looked at the picture and it appears that I've made a right-handed sheath. Nuts!

Well, it doesn't look like there will be any sheath makers put out of business now that I'm in the sheath making business...

Thanks for reading,


B

5 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly world class...

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly World Class...

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A World Class Knife Deserves a World Class Sheath Brian!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Indeed it does...

Thank you.

:)

B

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Panday said...

Soldiers make these all of the time out of "100mph tape" and MRE cardboard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home