American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Friday, January 11, 2008

ML Knives Woods and Bush Knife

Well, my agenda for today got blown to heck with a single email last night.

Matt from ML Knives sent me a note and this picture. He and I have been working on a project for a little while now and he has made some dramatic progress in the past week or so.

He mentioned that his wife did the braid work on the lanyard and that he's doing the sheath work today. That means I could have it in my hands before the end of next week if things go smoothly.

I don't have any specs on the knife as yet but I know that it's hand forged Carbon Steel with what looks like maple handle scales.

I'm really, really excited about this knife and look forward to putting it through its paces. My plan is to use it for everything over the next several months both to give it a wide range of experiences and to make sure those bevels patina with every imaginable color.

Thanks for reading,


B

6 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!! I am going to order one too- I already talked to him. This could be the Briarpatch Knife!! ;)

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

That would be sweet George!

Matt makes a heck of a knife and this one would really "go" with what Briar Patch does I think.

I couldn't imagine a better marriage of brands/companies.

By the way, there may be a package waiting for you when you get home today. :)

B

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger sam said...

I'm sure I saw George sharpening a pretty sweet looking knife in Tactical Knives a while back. I think it was obsidian ;-)

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a beauty brian... i like that one a lot... if you don't mind i think i might have to order one too....
i love matt's knives, it's been a while since i've ordered one from him...i think i have 7 of his blades ranging from various sizes...

looking forward to hearing/seeing how it performs...

mtnfolk mike t

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog today and I must say it's been a very enjoyable read. Thank you!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Thanks Crash.

I've got some more information from Matt about the Woods and Bush Knife that I need to get posted before bed tonight.

I appreciate you stopping in and taking the time to leave a comment.

I hope we see you around here again.

Thanks,


B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home