American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wool: An Interesting Observation


It is currently 16 degrees (F) and with the wind chill it feels like 7.

I have been outside for the past 30 minutes getting one kid on the bus and the other to school. Never once did I feel chilled and here's why:

I'm wearing lots and lots of wool.



  • An alpaca wool hat

  • A lambs wool scarf from Barbour

  • A Swanndri Ranger Extreme

  • Merino wool gloves

  • Wool Socks



Under the Ranger Extreme I'm wearing a cotton t-shirt. I'm also wearing bluejeans--another cotton no-no.

If I were going to spend the night out I'd definitely want a small fire and some sort of reflector plus a shelter but I'm duly impressed with the performance of the gear I threw on to make the bus on time this morning.

Of course the manic mornings running around probably help to raise my body temperature too...

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home