American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Work is Payin' Off!

I haven't been shooting that long with the bow but I have been working pretty consistently at being consistent and I'm trying my darnedest to avoid bad habits. Sure, the occasional string slap reminds me that I should get too cocky just yet. LOL!

So, I went to the range yesterday and spent an hour shooting at targets from 10 to 30 yards and managed to stick this deer decoy 3 times at 20 yards.

I laughed out loud when I saw where the arrows were and the range master came in to see what I was doing and he seemed genuinely impressed. He could tell I was a rookie by how I set my arrows on the floor RIGHT NEXT TO THE FLOOR STAND and how I put my bow back into the case when I went downrange even though there were hooks at eye level where I could hang the bow...

Still, I've gotta' crow a little about those shots.

I really was crushing pretty much everything at 10 and 20 yards and was hitting consistently at 30 yards but was missing the bullseye because I hadn't sighted in my bow for that distance yet. Then I realized that I hadn't brought any tools that would allow me to make adjustments while I was there...

Still the rookie but getting better...

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home