American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The NWA American Bushman Knife

Here she is, the Nick Allen (NWA Knives) American Bushman Knife.

Some specs for you:

1/8" thick A2 with Nick's belt finish
Green Canvas micarta scales
10" OAL
5" blade
5" handle

(Click for larger image)

















You may notice, he's cut in the thumb scallops I've really come to like for extra comfort in the chest-lever grip and I'll try and shoot a video later to give as much detail to that as possible.

The spine is squared very nicely and the extra thumb jimping on the spine will throw some massive sparks from a firesteel.

This knife is built from a drawing I worked up quite a while back. I sent the drawing to Nick and he stepped up and offered to make it. He has built a reputation on making some very hard working knives and his handle ergonomics are fantastic.

There's so much to say about this knife and what went into making it a reality but I'm really too excited to keep typing and want to get out and get this knife dirty. So, I guess you're going to have to keep coming back to see some pictures of the knife in it's natural habitat and in use.

I've already asked Nick to make me another just like it in 5/32" thickness so I can compare the two. I doubt I'm going to lose much cutting efficiency to the extra thickness but the toughness, or robustness, of the knife should go up quite a bit--NOT that I have any concerns about the toughness of this knife as is. :)

Thanks for reading,


B

4 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger The Suburban Bushwacker said...

The handle shape is fantastic, nice work boys
SBW

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger J. J. Magnum said...

Got to play with it last week in the Fort. Interesting handle design; nicely executed. Liked the sheath as well.

Nice orange handled F1 to boot...

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

No you didn't.

Mike's got one from Nick there but it's not this one. :)

B

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger J. J. Magnum said...

I stand corrected sir. Regardless it was a nice knife.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home