American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Been Busy...

It seems like it's been forever since I last updated the blog...

I got started with spoon carving and have now done a handful of spoons and moved on to refining my fuzz stick making. I filled a five gallon bucket last week with fuzz sticks that are just waiting for the first Autumn night campfire.

I'm carving so much that my hands are constantly cramped up and I've got some new calluses forming on my hands. It's GREAT!

Sarah and I sit on the front porch waiting for the kids to get home from school and enjoy the afternoon sun that comes right in on us. I carve or whittle and she just plays with her toys while the music plays in the background.

So far this year has really been a bust as far as my trips and classes have gone. The daily grind doesn't look to be letting up any time soon so the front porch carving is about as close as I'm going to get to a vacation until Jake's scout pack has their first campout in October.

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home