American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Early Mother's Day at the Lake

The kids and I just got back an hour ago from a weekend at the lake where we celebrated an early Mothers' Day with my parents, my brother, and his kids.

The days started early and ran 'til late but were full of excitement and fun.

On Saturday I got to go shooting with a friend of mine and showed him a Great Eastern Cutlery slipjoint and let him talk me out of it without much resistance. I know where to get another as soon as I want to replace it. :)

Saturday night my brother and I took my mom out for a Mothers' Day Dinner with the rest of the crew. That restaurant never knew what hit it.

Today the kids all went into the lake briefly while I was out running an errand and came back to take turns driving a Barbie Jeep and riding on Grandpa's golf cart.

At the end of the weekend, I gave my Dad a 1967 Winchester Model 94 in .30-.30. My parents were married in '67 and he and I are big fans of Westerns and cowboy movies. He's the guy who instilled in me the love of the classics and to give him a gun like The Duke would've carried is the least I can do.

I sure hope he enjoys shooting it as much as I did.

All in all a great weekend.

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home