American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Monday, July 02, 2007

ML Knives--The File Knife

It's HERE!!!

I don't know if Matt had given it a proper name but this knife shall now and forever be known simply as "the file knife."

This knife looks to be a phenomenal user and fits my hand like a glove. It's just begging to be used but, as this one's earmarked as a gift, isn't really up to me to patina. That task will fall to the intended recipient.

Choking up on the blade is easy with this one. I can certainly see this one being used for skinning out game and then processing the meat in the kitchen or beside the campfire.

The rawhide wrap on the handle is stitched with the threads where they'll offer the least problems to the user. Having done a rawhide wrap once or twice in the past I can assure you that stitch placement is something you'll learn if you don't already know. My first attempt saw the stitches up on the top of the handle and it provided me with enough discomfort to resort to another knife. Lesson learned.

So, now I've got two ML knives (for now) with another on order. Yeah, I've got it pretty bad. Not only do the knives really appeal to my sense of aesthetics but they also cut and are comfortable to use. Did I mention the value?

Check out Matt and his knives here.

Thanks for reading,


B

3 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Panday said...

Bushman

Thanks for stopping by and leaving compliments on the kitchen knife I made.

I could make a knife for you to review sometime.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Fantastic Stephen.

That'd be great.

Let's get together offline and talk about this project.

Thanks for stopping in,

B

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a beauty brian.. nice score... i need to get one(or 2) of his more period-esque knives...

i have 2 antler carved pendents on the way... and a small PSK style knife, with no handle scales...i added it at the last minute....

as i've said before,you have great taste in knives my friend...

cheers... mike t

 

Post a Comment

<< Home