American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Fallkniven

I'm going to be trying a new knife (to me.)

I've ordered a Fallkniven F1 with a leather sheath. It's a core of VG-10 laminated between layers of 420J2 with a thermorun (rubber) handle.

The edge is convexed like the Bark River knives so edge maintenance should be no problem.

I've read lots of positive reviews of this knife both on the discussion forums and around the Internet. I have handled one briefly and didn't find it disagreeable. I didn't really hold it long enough to form any sort of opinion.

It should be here next week. Once it comes in I can get some pictures, put it through some initial tests, and report back.

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Blogger The Suburban Bushwacker said...

i just bought an F1 and am very happy with it.
good to see you back on your feet and posting again. Let us know how you get on with it
BW

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE mine- I have used it hard for a long time. Wonderful tool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home