American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Monday, June 25, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

I'm back.

I know I was back in between trips but things were pretty hectic and writing every day just didn't happen.

Over the weekend I fished for walleye on Lake Erie and found great success. There were six fisherman and one captain and we caught a day's limit for each man for each day. That works out to 84 fish.

My portion of the filets fills two gallon Ziplock bags. These bags are STUFFED.

I'm going to have to have a big fish fry because freezer space is limited.

Wanna' come?

Thanks for reading,


B

3 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Name it!!! Walleye is my favorite fish!!!
TTFN
Me

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger sam said...

Well done - that sounds like a fair haul!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah Sam, that's a whole mess of fish.

I pat them dry, portion them, and vacuum pack them before freezing and they'll be good for a long, long time.

I've had bass fillets that were over a year old and they tasted like they'd just come out of the lake.

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home