American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Grandpa's Fire Fork

Have you seen one of these yet? Grandpa's Fire Fork

I had the opportunity to handle one personally at JRE Industries last week and liked it so much I had to bring one home.

This is one of those things that is so simple and ingenious that I simply couldn't NOT have one. It's a single piece of spring wire twisted in such a way that it will mount on the end of a stick and hold two marshmallows, a whole fish, a hotdog, or whatever other thing you decide would be better held over a heat source.

I have some friends who seem to travel with a S'Mores kit in the car at all times so I've given my fire fork to them. I suspect I'll hear soon just how much they like it.

Now I've got to get another for myself...

Thanks for reading,


B

2 Comments:

At 3:46 AM, Blogger The Suburban Bushwacker said...

That's so cool, i'm gonna make one. As soon as i've finished the floor, and the hall floor, and whatever other DIY efforts Mrs SBW has planned for today.
SBW

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got one myself, and it sure is an ingenius little piece of wire!
Thayne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home