American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Big Day

Today my number one hiking buddy starts Kindergarten. In about 90 minutes she'll climb on that school bus and head off to start a 17-year (at least) adventure. How'd five years fly by so quickly?

No time to be overly sentimental. She's growing up.

In addition, I wanted to share a few links with you that I've found on the Internet recently:

Doug Ritter's Blog--Doug is the Equipped to Survive guy and he writes about equipment, skills, and articles from a more survival-based view than I do. He's also got sections on his website about building kits from EDC to 72-hours and beyond.

Neanderpundit's article on knives--a good read that brought back a lot of memories. I was probably 10 and I still have that first knife. My first bad cut came from the large blade snapping shut on my right index finger. Ouch.

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home