American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hot Breakfast

I've recently taken to preparing a hot breakfast for the kids and myself. I find the contents of a hot breakfast (i.e. eggs, potatoes, bacon, etc.) really sits well in my stomach and keeps me satisfied for quite some time.

Yesterday I had one egg over easy and one potato sliced thin and fried in a cast iron pan. To the potato I added some diced onion, a sliver of butter, and some parsley as I plated it. That hearty breakfast, plus a cup or two of coffee, kept me fueled up and going until late in the afternoon. That was a day outside with the kids so the activity level was quite high.

The potatoes really hit the spot. I'm still tweaking the preparation to get the crunchiest potatoes I can without overcooking them but the basis is sound.

So, as I already travel with a cast iron pan in my pack (a small one but cast iron is cast iron) I am going to have to more seriously consider throwing in a potato or two for my next overnight.

Yummy.

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home