American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, August 17, 2006

New Blades


Did some shopping at Vintage Knives early Monday morning and a package greeted me at the door today when I got home.

I've been on a real slipjoint kick lately and Pup's got quite a selection of new and used slipjoints. He's even got one, a Moose pattern, with the Vintage Knives tang stamp. It's got massive backsprings and the blades snap open and closed with authority. 1095 Carbon steel takes a nice patina from use and the model I've had since they were first introduced has a nice dark grey finish with even darker spots. That's the one I just gave to my Dad for his birthday.

There were only 107 pieces made and I don't think there will be any more down the road so if you're interested I'd advise you to shoot Pup an email or give him a call and get whatever information you're going to need to finalize your decision.

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home