American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Swanndri



Just got the word that my order with SwannnieStore.com has shipped. Seven to ten days from New Zealand and I should have it.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was torn between the high-tech gear our soldiers are wearing in hostile environments all over the world and the traditional gear that has been effective for such a long time.

As much as I like my fleece jacket and my Gore-Tex outerwear it just won't hold up around a campfire as well as wool. Now that I am a successful flint and steel fire starter I might just want to build more small campfires.

I have read lots of positive comments on the Swanndri gear and had honestly never even heard of the company prior to a month or two ago. After some sizing questions were answered (they have not subjected themselves to the American size-inflation) I decided to go with the Large in both a Ranger (right) and Original Bushshirt (left.) I sure hope I chose wisely as sending a package back to New Zealand for a size exchange could, I imagine, take quite some time.

I look forward to doing a full review soon.

Thanks for reading,

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home