Laura's Big Gear Day
Yesterday all the gear I ordered for Laura showed up. FedEx came with the box from Outdoor Kids and UPS showed up with a BIG box from Wiggy's.
Add this new gear to the pair of hiking boots she got last week at REI and she's now ready for an active Spring and Summer in the woods with her Daddy.
Here's what she got yesterday:
- Columbia fleece jacket (Pink)
- Kamik rain boots (Pink)
- Columbia rain poncho (Pink)
- Wigwam wool socks (3 pair)
- Columbia convertible nylon hiking pants (Khaki)
- Life is Good t-shirt (Surf with Daisy)
- Life is Good hat (Pink with Daisy)
- Wiggy's 0-degree mummy bag (Purple)
- Wiggy's pillow and stuffsack
I think I'm going to punch some grommets in the poncho so she can use it as an emergency shelter. She already knows some things about tying knots so giving her specific knots and uses should help to drive home the lesson.
At 4 1/2 she's already got better gear than I ever had growing up.