American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Got Me an Idea...

I was reading the Church and Sons Blog this morning and had an idea for a project.

I've done the rawhide-wrapped handle in the past but it was over some burlap micarta and so the period look and feel was lost along with any point in using the rawhide in the first place. Now, however, I have a knife that could stand to be repaired and could benefit from doing things "the old way."

I really, really like the look of the butcher in that post and may just give the maker a shout but the post is a month old and that knife is likely long gone.

Either way, the project will move forward at a snail's pace (just like everything else around here that isn't a part of real life...)

I'll do my best to build up a whole work in progress (WIP) post so you can see what I did and how I did it.

For now, I'll be intentionally vague on the parameters as they may (and often do) change due to any number of factors. :)

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Randy said...

Randy Church here from Church and Son, appreciate the kind words. If it doesn't say sold it is available. I'm redoing ChurchandSon to include an available page.
Mr. Bushman, this is an incredible site you have, I'll spend days here reading, I trade with several primitive archers and tanners. Very impressive....Randy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home