American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

More thoughts

I'd like to put together a "gathering" at some point here in the Midwest. I'm thinking Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, or Wisconsin.

The long weekend seems to be the ideal duration (3 days) so I'd stick with that. We're too far into hunting season to do much before the snow falls this year but if there's interest, I'm going to push forward on getting something on the books.

I need to shoot more videos.

I want to provide another data point for all those knife and steel "tests" out there. I see plenty of threads on Bladeforums comparing and contrasting 3V to INFI and there's so little actual information that I'm going to take my knives in both steels and pit them head to head in a bit of non-scientific work.

I'm going to pair with a knifemaker to make MY knife.

I'm working with a few knifemakers to offer you pass-arounds as I've mentioned in the past. I just got too busy to push this idea through to completion so now it's back on the list.

I'm going to do a "4 Seasons" style walk through my local woods so you can see how my local area changes with the seasons. The first walk will probably be soon to take advantage of the changing leaves and to set the hike and photo/video locations.

Overall, I'm going to have to kick this blog in the pants to get things interesting again. It's just been too long and I've spent too much time working on it to walk away...

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Mike said...

If it's in Northern IL/Southern WI, I am game to show up! I will keep an eye here for more info later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home