American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Have I mentioned?

Since we're talking knives, have I mentioned how much I like my Spyderco Paramilitary?

This knife has taken a beating and kept on ticking no problem.

Today I dinged the edge doing something stupid (metal doesn't cut metal very well believe it or not.)

I pulled out my DMT credit card sharpeners (C, F, and XF) and went to work to get the ding out. 10 minutes later, the knife will once again easily pop hairs off my arm.

I use it for EVERYTHING and it has never been lacking.

Being able to restore a bad edge so quickly means it's much more likely to stay in my pocket. S30V is NOT a steel you hear often as being easy to sharpen but nothing can resist the hardness of diamond and the DMT stones really do a great job.

Even better, the DMT stones wear after some initial use and basically become one grade finer than they are advertised (i.e. Coarse becomes Medium, Medium becomes Fine, etc.)

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Canadian Wilderness Junky said...

Can you give us a tutorial on how you sharpen knives, I know it takes practice and there's a million sites and you tube video's but it would be great to see how you approach sharpening knives using DMT/Jap Stones/Stroping.

A picture tutorial would be awesome, may just start on how to sharpen dull blades!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home