American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Seriously?!

Last night I felt a tickle in my throat and thought little of it because I'm still on antibiotics for the second round of strep throat. Well, it's not nothing...

I spent the night hacking up a whole mess of nasty and feel terrible AGAIN this morning.

How'd I manage to get sick three times in just a few weeks and AFTER the weather turned for the better?! I've felt bad for so long that I've forgotten what it is like to feel good.

On the up-side, I've shed 18 pounds so far...

Thanks for reading,


B

5 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger sam said...

18 pounds of phlegm? Hope you get over it soon.

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous James in Indy said...

Yo Bushman....have you been tested for Mono? Have you had a blood draw? This is starting to not sound like strep at all.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger American Bushman said...

LOL! No, Sam, not 18 pounds of phlegm. I lost most of it when my throat was so swollen that I couldn't even talk.

Seemed like an opportunity to seize and start that diet and exercise program I'm always putting off.

B

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

James,

I've tested positive twice foe strep but the doctor did mention mono the first time around.

I've got a follow up call in to him today to find out how I can be sick AGAIN while still on antibiotics.

Even though I've got three kids I shouldn't be sick so often right in a row.

B

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous James in Indy said...

Getting sick while you're on antibiotics is easy. Either you're not sick from a bacteria or the bacteria you are getting sick from is resistant to the antibiotic you're on. Happens all the time. In fact, it's why MRSA is such a big deal. MRSA is resistant to the most common antibiotics doctors pass out like candy.

Anyway, hope you feel better. I've got a cold from my latest hiking trip but I'll get over that soon enough. Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home