American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snooooooow Trench!

Finally! We're getting snow. The 3" predicted has turned into maybe 8" or more (so far) and it's still filling the air.

I've dug out an area in the front yard and put all the snow around the perimeter to make a snow trench big enough for Jake, Laura, and me with a long entrance. Then I went all around the outside and thickened the "walls" to around 2' and now it's setting up.

The shelter as it stands now is about 2.5' deep and if I covered it with a tarp it would be ready to go. I think, however, that we'll make the walls a bit taller so I can actually get inside later and then we'll tarp it, cover the edges of the tarp with more snow, and finish up the entrance.

Pictures coming soon. :)

Thanks for reading,


B

5 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to this! I wonder how it wold work with a big candle for some warmth?

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Good idea.

I just happen to have one of those big emergency candles in the basement.

I'll give it a try.

;)

Thanks,

B

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a snow trench article for Briarpatch?

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

I believe that could be arranged. :)

Let me snap some pictures.

B

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummmmmhhh..why?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home