American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Friday, December 26, 2008

Too Tropical?

I don't know how you folks living down South do it.

The heat is one thing; the constant humidity is another. I'm just about at my limit with the constant damp feeling in everything from a clean pair of socks to my books to my skin.

It's 80° and gorgeous day in and day out it seems but the clammy feeling to everything I touch is getting to me.

I expect this during the summer but the days around Christmas should be cold, snowy, and NOT HUMID!

It's great for the plants and animals (and insects) that don't have to endure winter's dry air and cold temperatures but it's really rough on me physically and mentally.

I imagine the salt air here right next to the ocean is tough on electronics as well. We'll see how many weeks, months, or years it shaves off the useful life of my laptop, camera, iPod, etc.

Ah well, I'm off to enjoy more of the local sun and surf...I hope I don't get sunburned. LOL!


Thanks for reading,


B

3 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

care to try arizona in the summer???At least we have the beach or the mountain's 4 hours each way!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

I've done Arizona before.

As a matter of fact, I'd love to do one of Cody Lundin's classes in Prescott sometime. Summer would be ideal to really push the desert environment.

I don't mind the heat. It's the humidity that really gets to me.

I have a tendency to get things like immersion foot easily so high-humidity really punishes my skin like no other environment.

Thanks for your comment,


B

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Its bad but not that bad here in E. Tex. We have humid winters. Its cold(20s-30s) AND humid, so that moisture creeps down into your bones.

At the post office once I heard natives of Montana, Colorado and Boston complaining about the cold.

All thanks to humidity lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home