American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Updates

I've been given the nod to take the first step in the sharpshooter qualification process. Next I'll meet with the village's lawyers. There are some issues regarding insurance, background checks, etc. involved with carrying a loaded firearm adjacent to residential property.

The woods behind the house have been closed due to herd management so I haven't been able to get out and do much of anything. I did go out with my Fallkniven F1 and a firesteel and get a fire started in the fire pit using sticks from the yard and wood from the wood pile. Nothing too extravagant I admit but something.

I've been trying to get some pictures of the new Swiss Army Knives (SAKs) I picked up from JRE Industries but the lighting here has been awful and none of them have even been decent. The stay glow one-hand model may well be the ultimate SAK though. It's got everything I look for in an outdoors knife and nothing I don't.

Look for pictures and write-up in the next few days if I can get some decent light.

Otherwise, it's been more of the same "Honey Do" list tackling. Nothing too exciting to report yet but I've got a couple of things in the works that I hope to get finished up in the next couple of weeks.

Man am I tired...

Thanks for reading,


B

5 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it sounds like you live in an area with an awful lot of government over sight. if i didn't know better i would think you were writing from europe. good luck in getting permission to hunt.
w.

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure do like to link to JRE industries every chance you get. LOL

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

Not permission to hunt, this is qualifying to work the deer herd management program through the DNR.

Many areas have been hard hit by overpopulation of deer and the numbers need to be thinned but opening the property to hunters will never happen (too little control) so sharpshooters are brought in to reduce the herd size every year. This is the program I'm trying to get into.

It's a level a bit above what I've done for hunting.

Thanks for your comment,


B

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger American Bushman said...

LOL! You think I link to JRE Industries often? :)

I guess that's their reward for putting up with so many impromptu visits and so much pawing of their inventory every time one of those visits occurs.

B

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger R & E said...

Pictures of The Swiss Army Knives Are Up Ready To View!
http://jreindustries.com/American_Bushman_Gear_Sale.htm

What is This JRE You speak of so often?!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home