American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Monday, December 08, 2008

Looking Back...and Forward

Well, 2008 is almost done and 2009 is just around the corner.

It's still hard to believe how far this blog has come in the 2 1/2 years I've been writing.

I've gone from 4,600 hits my first year to more than 100,000 year to date this year. The numbers look like about 400 hits every day with around half of those returning visitors.

The question I pose to you is this:

What do you want to see in 2009?

After 758 posts I feel like I've said and done an awful lot and the threat of repetition is always on my mind.

What else is there to say?

Do you want to see more tutorials? More trip reports? Gear reviews? Pictures? Videos? Something else?

Let me know. I want you, the reader, to help me decide.

I appreciate the many, many readers from all around the world that check in to see what 's going on.

I have some ideas in my head for 2009 but I'll play those pretty close to the vest at this point. I want to hear your thoughts.

As always, thanks for reading,


B

5 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hows about more on doing stuff with your kids- I mean skill-specific stuff here.

How about some car kit stuff for snowy conditions? How about a consideration and inventory of natural resources in your community- plants in your yard and adjoining areas, springs, mammals and fish, etc...

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger cpmorgan said...

I would like to see you compare what gear you used when you started with this blog and what you use now and why. Explain the relationship between skills set and gear. It could even be a multi-part series. Clothing, cooking, tools etc.

Your recent gear sale indicated that you were moving away from being as gear oriented and more skills driven. Have you moved to simpler items? What unnecessary items have you held onto and why?

I also would love to see more specific kid oriented activities. Maybe some how tos where your children demonstrate the activity for us.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger sam said...

Maybe give yourself a project or skill to learn and show us your progress.
I really liked the deer posts; following a whole process like that is one of the best things about blogs.

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I happen to be one of those 400 hits a day (this site is my homepage :D)

What I would like to see more of are pictures. Pictures from your hunt, your butchering, your finished projects, etc.

Your stories are amazing but a picture is worth a thousand words ;)

 
At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry too much about repitition. You'll always do something a little different and it's good to see a blog as a "living" journal as you go through life.

Kit is always a hit (despite all our promises to obtain more skills).

As Sam says, a few more piccies would be great.

Best wishes. Keep the posts coming.

Pablo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home