American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Butchering and Skinning Day

After a few hiccups last weekend I'm finally on my way down to JRE Industries to skin and butcher my deer. Fortunately the weather has (mostly) cooperated and the carcass has stayed cold enough to prevent spoilage.

I do regret taking so long to get down there (it should have dry aged for seven days instead of 10) but tonight we'll rectify that.

Abe Elias' Diving Sparrow Knife Works Boreal will be doing the work.

I plan on bringing the camera to get some shots of the work being done (if I can manage to do it without mucking up the camera too badly that is.) I'd like to document as much of this from field to freezer as I'm able. Maybe I can get Dan or Spen to take some pictures for me.

It sounds like it's going to be cold, dirty work. I can't wait. :)

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home