American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Friday, August 01, 2008

On to the Next Thing

The party's over. The guests have gone. The presents have been opened.

We had thunderstorms roll through about an hour before the party and it only kept a half-dozen kids from the pool. I fielded several calls about a rain date as the party was at the pool but I assured everyone that it was still going forward.

The rain did two things in our favor. First, it drove off everybody that was at the pool making it a private party. Second, it dropped the temperature about 10 degrees. This ended up being the perfect combination of events to make a very fun party with lots and lots of happy kids.

Now I've got about a thousand Thank You notes to write and I've still got to get prepared for the trip on Monday.

Hopefully my new camera will arrive today and I'll be able to get it up and running before the Monday trip as well.

Thanks for reading,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home