American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Monday, June 09, 2008

Rockin'

I know it's not very bushcraft-y or survival-ish but I spent my weekend buying and assembling rocking chairs and matching maple tables for my front porch.

Between that and dodging the tornadoes and severe thunderstorms that have blown through town in the past couple of days I've been plenty busy.

Sitting on the front porch with a pitcher of sweet tea while 30+ mile per hour winds rip through makes for some interesting rocking.

We haven't lost a single tree so far but the river's flooding up north of us which means that water is coming soon. The ground is completely soaked with more rain in the forecast. Add the high winds to the soft soil plus the above ground power lines and you've got a recipe for lots of dark houses.

We'll see how it goes. If I had a banjo I could be out front pickin' and grinnin' while the winds howl and the rain pounds down like Nero with his fiddle...

Thanks for reading,


B

1 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watching storms on a porch is fun! And wooden chairs and tables will burn for heat/cooking if the need arises.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home