American Bushman

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." —Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

We're back from a hectic two-day trip to my parents' lake house and boy oh boy do I have lots to write about.

I tested the heck out of some knives and a custom thigh rig sheath from Robert Humelbaugh of Survival Sheath Systems, built a few fires in the fire ring using those knives, and then cleared a path into some thick scrub so my dad can get his boat to the water's edge in another month or two.

I left the camera at home but can take some pictures of the aftermath (at least the beat up steel) in the next couple of days as I tell the tales.

One knife, a known winner, did everything that was asked of it as it always has. Another, an unknown, showed some major design weakness the first day and then came out of its shell the second day and was truly shocking just how good it was.

See you tomorrow,


B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home